Friday, July 5, 2013

6/12/12 Long day's journy into another country

Well, it certainly has been a long time since the last post! Since then, we've lost little "R" due to changes with her placing agency and country of origin. During the intervening time we also lost a couple other children from the same country for a variety of reasons. Very discouraging! I couldn't bear to post anything until now. I began to explore other countries and programs after the last little one I lost. I felt adrift without knowing which way to turn until about two weeks ago when a lady called from the agency here to inquire if we were still going to adopt or not and said that she felt their China program would be a good fit for us. I have to say that I had been looking at several of the children from China on their website; however, I had been set on bringing home siblings and knew that wouldn't be possible with China. This phone call was what I needed to hear. I knew the names of the children whose files I wanted to see and rattled them off and later emailed a couple of additions. I poured through the files on each child, narrowed down to two boys whom I couldn't separate in my mind even though I was already leaning toward one of them. I sent the files to two friends with medical and behavioral backgrounds to get their input. We all agreed on the same boy. I am now in the throes of completing the paperwork that will go to China as I continue to work to make my house what it needs to be. I have been blessed with the means to overcome a couple of hurdles already toward this adoption in the last two weeks and now believe this is the direction I and my family are meant to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment