Friday, July 5, 2013

May 18 2011

The second home study visit was postponed until today. Just as well. I nearly killed myself getting ready for it anyway. Over the past weeks we've rearranged our laundry room, kitchen cupboards, and bathrooms to reflect the requirement that all cleaners and medicines need to be locked up so children and young adults can't access them. Bought a new fire extinguisher since the ones I already had weren't the level the state now requires adoptive parents to have. Cleaned the living room carpet over 5 days since they now worry about allergies caused from carpeting and things it harbors only to find out they want the carpeting replaced with wood, laminate or tile so there will be a third visit to make sure the carpet is gone (not sad about this but it is only 5 years old). I spent several hours framing and installing a door for the furnace closet which didn't get done in the remodel. I did okay but would have done better if not under time crunch. What purpose is there in a keyed chuck except to waste my time? I hate the bloody things! Also put in a couple of kitchen cupboard doors that needed doing, plotting fire escape routes and posted them, and made sure every detail in the public areas of the house were taken care of.

They're thinking it would be good for DS to have more out of school activities and mentioned may be group therapy as an insurance against negative fallout from middle school involving his disfigurement. Both could be a good thing. I mentioned the activities he already participates in and our plans for the future for him. I wonder what the third visit will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment