Friday, July 19, 2013

No Time to Lose!

All our paperwork has to be sent to China by September 1! I'm expediting everything that I can. In our state we can walk in to get copies of vital records so that is really lucky. It is a lot quicker than ordering off the web which can take a couple weeks to arrive. Another area which can be expedited is after all the docs have been notarized; We can take them to our secretary of state's office to be apostiled. Of course, if I lived on the other side of the state that might be a pain! That should shave another week or so off the process. The really big bugaboo is the I-800 process. That usually takes a couple months. Anybody know if that can be expedited? What about the authentication process for going to the Chinese consulate in San Francisco? I sure hope there is a way! Say, can that be hand carried? Might be worth the consideration. HH's future is on the line. What is a couple hundred dollars compared to that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment