Friday, July 5, 2013

Homestudy bound

April 20, 2011 Looks like we'll be doing the homestudy for little "R" next week. The house needs work but is in the best shape it's been for any of the kids' homestudies. We've received new photos and an update. I've also learned we may be eligible for an additional grant for the final agency fee. That still leaves the other agency fees, dossier preparation fees, I-800A, visa, medicals and several other expenses to get covered. I'm looking into more grants and also have taken a lot of good advise on fundraising.  I hope to be able to do a pay pal button on the blog with the funds going to the agency.  Have to see if it can be set up that way.

The kids are wondering if "R" will be able to ride a bike or scooter. I've told them it might have to be a special adaptive machine.  "R" fell, cut her chin open, and had to have stiches.  She didn't tell anybody about it and bled a lot.  They think she's got a high pain tolerance so I'm preparing for the possibility that she may have some sensory processing issues just in case.

DD won a game at school and declared she did so for her new little sister. The kids were fantastic helping in the yard today.  The front yard looks almost the way I want it to for now. We'll move work indoors probably tomorrow as I have a feeling our spring is over for a week or two and we're back into cold and wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment